Integrate Zotero and Docear

Hello,

I have been an avid Zotero user for about eight years, and am loving every second of it. :) Hats off, thumbs up, and a huge thanks to the developers!

More recently, I've been looking at the wonderful Docear for further organisation of my research and related notes. I love how it can also be used to create mind maps, and help me take another step on the path to a working Personal Knowledge Base.

I think it would be great if the strengths of Zotero and Docear are combined into an academic workflow. Is anyone interested in better integration between the two? Perhaps at least smooth two-way sync? If this is achieved, I think it would be a huge boost to both programs.

What does everyone think?

P.S. I noticed that because of a Zotero problem, one-way sync DOES NOT currently work well from Zotero to Docear, and there isn't any two-way sync yet. Hope at least this can be fixed in Zotero!

Edit: Thanks to aurimas, I tried exporting my Zotero library to a BibTeX file and it seems to open fine in Docear. I am guessing the problem mentioned in my P.S. is with some of the third party BibTeX export plugins that work with Zotero... still hoping for good two-way sync, though!
  • P.S. I noticed that because of a Zotero problem, one-way sync DOES NOT currently work well from Zotero to Docear, and there isn't any two-way sync yet. Hope at least this can be fixed in Zotero!
    Have you actually encountered this issue? I'm not aware of any such problem with Zotero's BibTeX export (at least not for, probably, a year now if not more)
  • @aurimas:
    I tried it just now, and it does seem to be working for me. Perhaps it is an issue with the BibTeX export plugins for Zotero?
    In any case I'll edit my original post to clarify.
    Thanks for pointing this out!
  • edited October 13, 2014
    Perhaps it is an issue with the BibTeX export plugins for Zotero?
    As far as we're aware, Zotero exports syntactically-correct BibTeX. There should be no problems.

Edit: I see what you mean. Are you using any such plugins? If you haven't installed one, then no. If you have, which one?