Chrome... cant connect to stand alone

I had so tomorrow working on Firefox very nicely. I just switched to chrome and I'm having troubles.

I installed the chrome extension and the standalone. I added the exception 127.0.0.1 to both Kaspersky and Malware Bytes.

I start the standalone and then click the "save Zotero Snapshot..." a box appears in the lower right "saving item". After a long time it finally says something to the effect "cannot connect to standalone". at this point the standalone is hung. When I close the standalone a message comes up saying something like "XULruner not responding"
  • can you provide a sample URL and your Zotero Standalone, Chrome, and Zotero Chrome connector versions?
  • Stand alone 4.0.22
    connector 4.0.21
    Chrome 39.0.21171.13
    URL http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141008131156.htm

In this case,it saved the URL of this page vs the page itself. So if you are online and you click supposedly saved page, it will access the live page vs a stored page.
  • at this point the standalone is hung. When I close the standalone a message comes up saying something like "XULruner not responding"
    Have you tried letting Standalone run in the "hung" state for up to 10-15 minutes to see if it gets unstuck?

In Chrome, can you verify that if you go to chrome://extensions and click on Zotero Connector Options, it says "Zotero Standalone is currently available" before you try to save the page?

To recap, you go to http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141008131156.htm and right-click the page, then select "Save Zotero Snapshot from Current Page". This (eventually) makes Zotero Standalone hang, right? What if you save via URL bar icon on that same page? Does that work?

We would really need the debug log from Zotero Standalone for a save attempt that makes it hang. If Zotero Standalone never recovers from the hang, though, that makes it impossible for you to submit the log. A real-time debug log is your only other option in that case, but it's a bit more complicated. A debug log for the same save from Chrome would also be good, but I doubt that it will tell us anything.