Short form in footnotes

Hi, I'm hoping people might be able to help me locate or create a style for a book manuscript. I'm emulating a style in several recent books from Duke University Press. The style is more or less like this: in the body of text, there are no inline citations, only endnotes. The book's notes (endnotes) sometimes include clarifying information, sometimes provide clarifying information and citations, and sometimes provide just citations. But, the citations are never full citations. Even the first time a source is cited, only the author and the short title form are provided, sometimes with page numbers. So, a standard endnote would be like this.1

1. Peterson, The Rise and Fall of Empires, 261.

And the bibliography would have a full entry looking like:

Peterson, David. The Rise and Fall of Empires: Struggles over Territory and Loyalty in Greece and Rome. London: Allen and Unwin, 2010.

Wondering how one would go about making Zotero do this.

Thanks.
  • this is reasonably close to Chicago Manual of Style (Note with Bibliograph)
    --as opposed to the full note style, which will print full notes the first time something is cited. Depending on the details it may still need tweaking, but first glance this looks exactly right.
  • Thanks for the response! I don't see Chicago Manual of Style (Note with Bibliography) in the Style Repository. Is it a style?

Thanks.
  • sorry, that was its old name:
    Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (note)
  • alguien me podría decir cómo se pone una cita a pie de página, gracias