center pane sideways scrolling - for small screen laptops

Hi I use a macbook air and there is very little screen real estate on this device. It would be great if the center pane with Title, Year, Creator, Etc.. could be scrolled laterally with the touchpad, scroll bar, etc to allow more native columns to be in place without having to add/subtract or resize the columns.

The far right pane with file information already has this property and it would be great to add this to the center and even left panes.

Thanks!
  • Old discussion about this can be found here (please keep the comments in this thread though). I'm still interested in fixing the center pane, though I haven't found many supporters for that idea, unfortunately.
  • Thanks for the reply. I love this application, but I wish there were a solution to display more content on my macbook air 11 inch. I suppose most users have a large desktop display where screen real estate is not as much of a problem.

The simplest solution to me seems to add horizontal scroll bars, but from the linked discussion this apparently is in some contention with UI practices. I would love to see this implemented even as a non-default option.