Saved Search Reports Do Not Include All Results

Hello! In Standalone, when I try to generate a report from a saved advanced search, it doesn't include all results. For example, I have an advanced search which displays around fifty results based on the criteria I entered (both in the Advanced Search and in the Saved Search in my Library). However, when I generate a report from the Saved Search, it only includes five of the results. Can you tell me how I might fix this problem, and/or why so many results are excluded from the report?

Thanks so much for your help!
  • are the top-level items in the saved search black or greyed out?
  • Nothing is black or greyed out in the saved search results. (I realise I didn't mention I'm on a Mac, if that makes any difference.)
  • What happens if you select an individual item that's not included in the report and generate a report? If that works, you should just be able to select all items in the saved search and generate a report.

I find it hard to believe that you have a saved search without any greyed out items though. That'd be rather unusual. What's your search condition (you can take a screenshot and post to a free sharing site (dropbox, imgur.com) and link to it here if that's quicker.
  • Thank you so much for your quick responses.

I have three saved searches, and none have any items that appear as greyed out among the results. What normally causes them to be greyed out? Is there an email to which I could send the screenshots?
  • No e-mail support, sorry. If you don't want to post a screenshot here, just describe the search conditions.
    What normally causes them to be greyed out?
    when search conditions are only met for a note or an attachment.
  • Oh, gotcha, thank you. These searches have all included specific tags, so maybe that has something to do with it?

For the search terms I'll use the same example with the 75 (not 50 as previously estimated) results with only 5 items on the report (it is an advanced search with PDF indexing enabled in my preferences):

Match all of the following:
    Tag > contains > [tag name] +
    Tag > is > [tag name]
    Search subcollections and Include parent and child items of matching items are selected; Show only top-level items is not selected.

I tried (successfully) generating reports individually for the first 11 of the 75 results. None of these 11 sources are among the 5 that are included in the report generated for the search. Sure enough, when I select them all, as you said, it generates a report for all 75. Thanks for the suggestion. Why does it work this way, but not when I generate the report straight from the saved search?
  • Sorry for the delayed response, but can you take a screenshot of your Saved Search results and post it somewhere (e.g. DropBox or Imgur) then link to it here?