sync with CiteULike

hey, I would like to keep my zotero library in sync with my citeulike. What would be the best way to do this? Does anyone have experiences to share?

cheers!
  • No good way that I can think of. What's your motivation for using both? There might be a way to keep one up to date with the other (I.e. one way sync) depending on how you use the two.
  • citeulike allows me to easily share my bibliography and import parts of friends' with similar interest. Zotero groups would obviously work as well, but they only allow for only for one client, afaik, which is zotero. And not everyone uses Zotero (in particular, bibdesk seems very popular with OSX), so I'm looking for a way to collaborate.
    Exporting everything and then importing seems like an awful idea with duplicates and bad conflict resolution, but I currently don't see an alternative, which makes Zotero rather useless for collaboration :/
  • I'll let others answer on the Zotero/BibTeX issues, but I'm curious about one thing on the Bibdesk side.

Is the citeUlike-Bibdesk connection is still a one-way view from Bibdesk into the citeUlike library, with optional download of individual items, but no reverse sync of changes back to citeUlike? (That is the description given in the AcademicProductivity page that explains how to set it up, but things might have moved along since it was written.)