Unable to set sync settings

I am able to log on to Zotero.org with my username and password, but when I try to log in using the Zotero desktop icon, and try to set the sync settings, I get an error message saying that my user name or password are incorrect. I've tried setting the auto sync about 10 times, it just wont work!! Anyone else having this issue?
  • Generally that message means what it says. Have you cleared both fields completely and reentered?

If so, can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that fails?
  • Do you mean the number I posted before my message? It's the only number that popped up, and of course, I tried clearing all fields, closing all browsers, closing Zotero desktop login, closed everything then restarted, nothing works.

BTW - I can't respond to these posts if my login or password were incorrect, wouldn't be able to answer you.
  • No, follow the link — a Debug ID is different from a Report ID.
    I can't respond to these posts if my login or password were incorrect, wouldn't be able to answer you.
    Obviously you entered your credentials correctly to log in to the website, but that doesn't mean they're correct in the sync preferences.
  • edited September 20, 2014
    Also, I see a successful login/sync from you less than an hour ago. Was that from a different computer?
  • I wish I could afford more than one. I just created both, but have them memorized because of this issue. Any other suggestions?
  • Not from a different computer, I'll go back in through the desktop icon and see if anything has changed.
  • Now when I click the green sync button, it rotates around instead of giving me a red exclamation point. I wish I could say it was my typing, but when I opened the desktop icon, it already showed me as logged in - I didn't enter anything, same thing (now that I think about it) for when I opened Zotero.org - I was already logged in. Maybe it just needed a while to adjust? i don't know, just happy it seems to be working, won't know for sure until I actually try it out (not tonight, it's going on midnight in my neck of the woods).

Thanks anyway, wish I knew what happened, but like I said, both systems showed me as logged in and working without my entering any info.