Finding my old library

Hej,
after having to switch computer (my old one crashed) I have today reinstalled Zotero after a couple of months break. However, I cannot , causing a bit of a stress, find my references (my library). How do I proceed to find it?

a little worried Cecilia
  • do you have a back-up of the old harddisk?
  • I use box sync for all documents and I thought my Zotero library was placed on a server (not on my harddisk) since using the FireFox version. Then when re-installing I thought I could achieve it through my identity. Am I wrong...?

a little bit more worried Cecilia
  • You need to sync again, then: https://www.zotero.org/support/sync

You have data on the server in your current account, which you can see online here.
  • edited September 15, 2014
    (But syncing isn't a replacement for proper backups. You should have automated backups of your entire hard drive, for Zotero and everything else.)
  • Thanks, I will try tomorrow after some hours sleep. And I realize I need to talk to my IT-support, since this is beyond my competence. But again, thanks for helping,

Cecilia
  • Note that setting up syncing again is just as simple as re-entering your Zotero username and password in the Sync pane of the preferences and then clicking the Sync button. No other steps required.
  • Apparently simple enough even for me... thanks for guiding. And the IT-support mentioned was mainly to fix the entire hard drive backup for the future,

/ Cecilia