Show only the year in the date field

It would be much neater to have an option to only show the year in the date field. Because some citations have a year and a month while others don't.
  • sorry, that's not clear to me. Are you talking about citations or about the item display in Zotero? Citation styles can be adjusted to do that. For the item display in Zotero I don't see why you'd ever want that (you _can_ only display the year in the middle panel, there's a separate column for that).
  • I am talking about the item display in Zotero. It's not so usefull to quickly spot the year if there is a list with mixed details.

Example

reference 1: 'Name' 'Title' 'june 1996'
    reference 2: 'Name' 'Title' '02/1996'
    reference 3: 'Name' 'Title' '1996'

so in the item list you get a mix of these and it gives a 'messy' look. A bit unpractical. But ye it's a minor issue, just something that annoyed me a bit.
  • As I say, there's a "Year" column that you can use instead of date. Click on the little table icon at the top right of the middle panel.
  • Ow I'm sorry I didn't understand, ok thank you!
  • edited September 15, 2014
    Hi, when I put the Year , to the right appears the letter "Y". How can I take this letter Out of all my Bibliography?
    Thank you very much
    Ana MarĂ­a
  • Can you provide an example? Which citation style?
  • Yes, when I add the year of any publication in the box to the right (no citation style, only filling the box to the right providing initial information about the publication ) inmediately appears "Y" in the right extreme of the year added. It ocurrs in all the cases
    Thank you very much
    Ana Ma
  • Or are you referring to the Zotero interface? http://i.imgur.com/DiUSD0c.png If so, that letter will not appear anywhere in Zotero output. It just indicates the order of date parts that Zotero is interpreting.

Either way, start a new thread please. This is unrelated to OPs question.