Removing items from saved searches

I often do advanced searches and save the results as a saved search. I then go through a selection of the papers one by one, and would find it useful to have those that have been processed removed from the list.

However, it seems that deleting an item from that saved search deletes it altogether from My Library rather than just the reference to it. Is there any way to just delete the item from the saved search? Or otherwise somehow visually mark it, in order to help me quickly see at a glance which of the saved search results have been already processed?

If that's not currently possible, could this go down as a feature request / feedback?

Thanks so much.
  • you can't add or remove items from saved searches, but you could work with tags. Two options, one quick, one a bit more involved.
    1.) Just assign a colored tag to items already processed for a visual clue
    2.) modify the advanced search so that a given tag excludes items. E.g. if you have match "ALL" set, use Tag -- is not -- processed
    Then, items to which you add the tag processed will automatically disappear from the saved search.
  • Great workaround, thanks!
  • You could also just drag the saved search results to a temporary collection and remove the items from there.

(I suppose we could add a context-menu option to create a collection from a saved search, but I'm not sure it's worth it.)