trouble syncing and also opening the library

ReportID 1251469417
I am having trouble syncing from my PC. I get 77 conflicts that come up repeatedly even though I click through each one (accepting the proposed resolution) and then click "finish". The next time it does it again. I also get the message (in the middle panel) "an error has occurred. Please restart FireFox". I have restarted FireFox multiple times, and I have restarted my computer as well, to no avail. The red exclamation point beside the green syncing arrow, when I click it, reads "Conflicts have suspended automatic syncing". Any advice?
  • edited September 5, 2014
    See Repeated Conflicts. The "Conflicts have suspended automatic syncing" error after the auto-sync isn't the problem — it's whatever error you get after the manual sync and the conflict resolution.

(There are no relevant errors in that error report, so you'd have to tell us exactly what the message is when you click the sync error icon, before you try to report it.)
  • reportID: 771732863
    this is the number I got from the "grey cog" after I went through the 77 conflict resolutions again; then it asked me to do them again, except I only had 76 conflict resolutions to scroll through. One thing of note, perhaps, each of the resolutions had the local option highlighted in red, and wouldn't let me choose either of the other options (remote, or merged). After clicking through all of them again, I got the red exclamation mark beside the green sync arrow.

The red exclamation point had this message, copied below:
    "Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 87644682)"

And when I hit "report error" there, I got another window that gave me the ReportID: 1979575878; I sent in this report as well.
  • OK, that's more helpful. There seems to be a bug here. Paste 'BNR224VZ' into the Zotero search bar and find the item that comes up (which might be in your trash). That item appears to have been deleted already on the server, but it has some linked tags that are causing problems, probably related to the conflict resolution. Assuming you don't want that item, delete it locally and empty the trash and I believe this problem will go away.
  • I pasted BNR224VZ into the search bar, but nothing came up, and I also searched in the trash (nothing). Then the 77 conflict resolutions appeared again, and I clicked through all of them. One of them had an item already deleted from the server (it showed up as a pdf file by itself in the conflict resolution window (triad); I noted it and searched for it in my library--I found it attached to a parent item. I deleted it, emptied the trash, and resynced. I then got 82 items to 'conflict resolve'. Ten of them had items in the remote site that was missing in the local site. When I got to the end of the 82, and hit 'finish' it spun for a while and the 'conflict resolution' popup reappeared, this time with 77 items; I clicked through all of them (none had missing items either locally or remotely), and hit 'finish'. After spinning for a while, the exclamation point reappeared. with the phrase "Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: b717f3d9)". I'll send that report. ReportID: 414961287
  • Set the search mode to All Fields & Tags (which would be necessary if the item is an attachment) and make sure you're in the library root, and then try that search again.