Error ID: 1855049512

Hello,

I am experiencing trouble in syncing. Since this morning, whenever i try to sync, i get a pop up window telling that there were conflicts of versions and that i have to chose between versions (which are the same actually but one is local and the other one is not), and when i m done with the 186 documents for which there is an issue, i get an error message (for which the ID is : 1855049512)

I tried to install the last version of zotero but it did the same. Any clue of what's going on and what i should do?

Thanks in advance,

all the best
  • There are no sync errors in that report. What does it actually say when you click the sync error icon (before you try to report it)?
  • edited September 3, 2014
    Indeed, it says
    Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsILocalFile.isDirectory]

and then

[unrelated errors removed — D.S.]

version => 4.0.22, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.1; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 4.0.22, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (3.5.9.SA.4.0.22, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (3.1.17.SA.4.0.22, extension), Picasa (3.0.0.0, plugin), Adobe Acrobat (11.0.8.4, plugin), Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U65 (10.65.2.20, plugin), Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.650.20 (10.65.2.20, plugin), Shockwave Flash (14.0.0.145, plugin), Google Update (1.3.24.15, plugin), ActiveTouch General Plugin Container (29.1.2013.906, plugin), VLC Web Plugin (2.1.0.0, plugin), Intel® Identity Protection Technology (2.1.42.0, plugin), Intel® Identity Protection Technology (2.1.42.0, plugin), Microsoft Office 2010 (14.0.4761.1000, plugin), Microsoft Office 2010 (14.0.4730.1010, plugin)
    [JavaScript Error: "Style with ID http://www.zotero.org/styles/elsevier-harvard already loaded from "elsevier-harvard.csl"" {file: "file:///C:/Users/.../AppData/Roaming/Zotero/Zotero/Profiles/ogpycvkk.default/zotero/styles/hidden/elsevier-harvard.csl" line: 0}]
    Probably unrelated, but have you customized some styles or added a custom style to Zotero? (If not, there might be something messed up with your data directory. If yes, you should change the style id of the custom style)
  • Yes I have added some styles, but not the harvard one. I will try and change the ID, thank you
    That's almost certainly unrelated. Syncing doesn't do anything with styles. A more likely culprit would be security software on your system interfering, so you might try disabling that.

Are the conflicts you're getting for items or for files? If the latter, this could probably also happen if a Windows alias for a directory somehow made its way into your data directory.
  • I'm not sure, i'm not using the English version;
    Basically it says:
    the following file was changed in different locations. Select the version you want to keep and click next

And then there is a table with local item, distant item, and merged item, and something i can select local or distant, and sometimes i can't select any of them.
    However the items infos are exaclty the same

I haven't changed anything about the computer, except that right now i'm connected on the local network at work, instead of wifi. So i will just try and see if it changes something to go back to wifi
  • connexion does not change anything
    Press Windows Key + R and then run this command cmd /C "dir /AL %APPDATA%\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\ogpycvkk.default\zotero\storage & PAUSE"
    See if anything shows up in the window that pops up. It should tell you if you have any symbolic links/junctions in your file attachment directory (which you shouldn't)

Edit: fixed path
  • It cannot find the file, is it good?
  • It rules out one possible cause. If you can provide a Debug ID for the sync attempt, through when you receive the error, we might be able to tell you more. (I know this requires you to go through all the conflicts — sorry.)
  • edited September 4, 2014
    This is the Debug ID i get 857850260

Sorry about that, I hadn't activated the debug output logging

Thank you so much
  • What does "did not work" mean? No output was generated (i.e. buttons were disabled)? You were not able to submit the report to the server? Something else?

As for the Zotero Standalone Debug ID, if you received a Debug ID, then it went through to the server. Dan will take a look.
  • But that's a Report ID, not a Debug ID.
  • Sorry about that, here's the debug ID D192706117
  • edited September 4, 2014
    'toString' => function(...){...} 
    'message' => "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012
    (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsILocalFile.isDirectory]"
    'result' => 2152857618
    'name' => "NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"
    'filename' => "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/file.js"
    'lineNumber' => 355
    'columnNumber' => 0
    'inner' => [object Null] {}
    'data' => [object Null] {}
    'location' => [object XPCWrappedNative_NoHelper] {
    'QueryInterface' => function(...){...}
    'language' => 2
    'languageName' => "JavaScript"
    'filename' => "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/file.js"
    'name' => "Zotero.File</this.directoryContains"
    'lineNumber' => 355
    'sourceLine' => ""
    'caller' => [object XPCWrappedNative_NoHelper] {
    'language' => 2
    'filename' => "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/attachments.js"
    'name' => "Zotero.Attachments</this.getBaseDirectoryRelativePath"
    'lineNumber' => 1061
    'sourceLine' => ""
    'caller' => [object XPCWrappedNative_NoHelper] {
    'language' => 2
    'filename' => "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/item.js"
    'name' => "Zotero.Item.prototype.save"
    'lineNumber' => 1547
    'sourceLine' => ""
    Ah, OK — we still need to fix this, but this happens when you have an invalid base directory (not data directory) set in the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences. Fix that and file syncing should start working again.
  • Thank you very much,

I deleted the path to the base directory (not sure whether this is what i was supposed to do) and synced again. I had the same windows for the 186 items, then two pop ups saying the attached documents had been misplaced, and finally it was synced

Thanks a lot!

H.