Why are some tags always in grey?

My name is Robert.I am from Shanghai. This is a great tool and as I use it more, I have begun to love it more. Thank you Stillman and your colleagues.
One small problem is: in the tag selector pane, I ticked the show all tags, but there are some tags that are always in grey (I am sure there are items under these tags). Because of this problem, I couldn't access those items by clicking the tags, which is very frustrating.
  • Robert — by default the tag selector only displays tags associated with items in the current view. Checking "Display all tags" causes tags not assigned to currently visible items to appear in gray. When viewing the full library with no tags selected and no quicksearch, there should be no difference between having "Display all tags" checked or unchecked.

In a collection or saved search, however, some tags will appear in gray, as only some items are currently visible. Some tags will also turn gray when you click on a tag, since you have narrowed down the currently visible items and the tag selector has to update its list of visible tags accordingly.

In a future release we'll add the ability to have it show items matching any of the selected tags instead of just items that match all of them.

Hope that helps.

See http://www.zotero.org/blog/feature-spotlight-tagging/ for more info on using the tag selector.