Don't know how to delete tags in sync preview

How do I delete a tag from the tag list. Even if I delete the tag from all relevant references, it still hangs around. I would like to know if I can edit that list of "words" and clean up that list? Or am I stuck with every tag I have ever used. Right clicking and selecting delete does not delete the tag from the list for me, it just deletes the tag from the references that used to refer to it.

This was a problem because I had some very long tags from importing references, and it kept me from syncing. I could not just right click and delete the tags, I had to manually shorten each and I didn't even want them in the first place.

I am told this is unique to sync preview.

Thank you.
  • Does this inability to delete from the tag selector happen in SP2.1 as well? I can't reproduce it, so it may have been fixed.

It's true that removing tags from all references doesn't currently remove the tag from the database immediately. Unused tags are purged when an item is deleted.
  • Using SP2.1 I have deleted tags and then added and deleted an item, restarted FF and the tags are still present.
  • Are you getting an error in Report Errors? If so, send in a report and post the Report ID here.
  • Sorry Dan, for some reason they are now gone. I'm narrowing down the general issue I'm having related to tags but will start a separate thread with a Report ID.
  • I too am getting problems with tags hanging around - for some reason I cannot also delete the original item, again in sync preview 2.2. The error report no is 736919572.

thanks and keep up the good work.

Kurt
  • cmrukcom: You were getting an error when trying to delete an attachment with annotations or highlights, which causes an error in 2.2 (now fixed on the trunk). This may or may not be related to the tag issues you were seeing.

Also note that the Sync Preview doesn't currently sync annotations and highlights, so those could be lost if you're using the syncing features.