3rd Column Slow to respond

With a clean Zotero library, the latest version of Firefox (including a slew of extensions) running on a 3 year old tablet pc with lots of extra memory, I am experiencing long delays (30 second to 2 minutes) before HTML articles I add to my Zotero library have their information show up in the third column so I can add tags, see the information about them in the "Info" tab, etc.

Is this normal? Any suggestions for how to get around this?

Installed extensions include: noscript, adblock, GTDGmail, customizegoogle, stumbleupon, foxymusic, googlenotebook, PDF download, flashblock, and roboform.
  • Can you just clarify 1) how you're adding the HTML articles to your library, 2) if it's equally slow when you add the page about:blank to your library, and 3) what part, exactly, is slow (as in, between clicking what and having the info show up)?

Thanks.
  • I just tried to reproduce the pattern and for whatever reason, everything seems to be working well now. But what was happening was that I found an interesting article (web page), clicked on the "create new item from the current page button," an entry was added, and then the next time I tried to download another article/web page (by clicking the same button), there was a long delay between the time information about the previous article disappeared from the 3rd column and the time information about the new article appeared. This was frustrating because I was waiting to apply tags to the new article.
    I experienced this problem on multiple occasions prior to my post but I have not been able to reproduce it now. Perhaps it had something to do with tagging (which I have not tested in trying to reproduce the problem) or maybe it was just an anomaly with my system. I will post again if the problem returns. Meanwhile, thanks for the effort to troubleshoot this.
  • Hey I am experiencing exactly the same problem right now -- this very moment! I was on a web page & clicked the 'create new item from current page' (which have always worked great). No response on the right hand column, so I could not do any follow up on it. I had to restart firefox in order to do it just a few minutes ago. But then when I tried to add another web page in the same manner, the problem came back. The right side column simply DOES NOT respond at all -- not just slow. Is there a crash with the browser?
  • If you would, please follow the steps in the Advanced Instructions section of the Reporting Bugs page and let us know if you're getting any errors in the console when the problem is occurring. Thanks.