after copying sqlite somewhere else, zotero can not open it anymore

After the version linked to firefox, I had switched to the stand alone programm. both folders are still there. I was not sure, where my data where, so I copied the zotero squlite somewhere else, and now can not open it anymore. I wonder whether it is damaged, and I can get it repaired? Or do I have to install zotero programm another time?
Yours Markus
  • What exactly is the error message you're getting?
  • well, it can not find it itself and when I try to open it using "choose data file" the zotero.sqite is just gray.
    When I click on it separately to open it, there is no programm which can open it.
  • right, you'd never open the sqlite directly. What you're seeing is entirely expected.

But what is the problem you're actually trying to solve? What happens when you start Zotero?
  • when I try to open it using "choose data file"
    and if by that you mean from Zotero, the button is "Choose data folder" not "choose data file"--i.e. you'd want to choose the folder that contains the zotero.sqlite. But I'm not sure why you're moving it in the first place. Why not just go with the default.
  • Zotero does not open my library and when I try "choose data file" to open, and I chose the zotero.sqite in its old folder and in the new one as well, both are printed just in gray . This means I can not open them anymore.
  • When you say "Zotero does not open my library" -- what exactly is happening?
  • sorry, I use a german version and I am not really good in these things. So probalby some mistakes come up. What means "go with the default". Waht do I have to do axactly.
  • Write in German if that makes it easier and use the German terms. The first question I want answered is still--what exactly happens when you're starting Zotero?
  • another thing: when I try to import an older rdf file the programm says: "Eintraege werden importiert", but the field gets grey and nothing happens. Maybe the whole programm is defect?
    can I delete it from the computer and install again?
  • unlikely.
    Could you maybe start by answering my question--what does happen when you start Zotero--and we can take it from there?
    This is likely an easy fix, but please read carefully what I ask and respond so that I (or someone else) can help you effectively.

Don't try importing old RDF exports or the like. The only thing you likely need to do is point Zotero to the right place, but in order to tell you exactly what that entails I need you to tell me more precisely what's actually going on.
  • Sorry I answered your last mail directlx, but probalby it did not reach you. When I open Zotero it says "keine Einträge in dieser Ansicht".
  • yeah, you can't reply to the forum by e-mail.

OK, so you still have the Firefox version, correct. Start by opening that and make sure Zotero Standalone is _not_ running.

Under "Data Directory Location" (something with "Datenverzeichnis" probably in German) set it to "Use Profile Directory". Restart Firefox. See if you see your library now.