No reaction when clicking on zotero icon

Hi,

I have discovered zotero some months ago aand it has served me well so far - thanks for developing it.

Some days ago Firefox asked me to update it and I now have version 3.0.1. Right after the restart folowwing the update, zotero would not react to my clicks - neither on the icon in the lower right corner, nur on Extras -> Zotero, nor after pressing Alt+Crtl+Z. Restarting Firefox solved the problem for that time, but it continues: Sometimes when I start Firefox, Zotero does not react. After restarting Firefox, it works again.

At least, it has been thay way until some minutes ago. I have just installed Scaffold, and after that, five restarts did not bring Zotero back to life. What can I do?

Thanks for your help,

mmmh
  • Follow the steps in the Advanced Instructions section of the Reporting Bugs page and let us know what appears in the Error Console.
  • Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the error console does not show any messages when I try to open the Zotero pane. I have tried to deactivate Zotero and Scaffold and activate Zotero again after a restart, but that did not help either.

Do you have any idea how I could use Zotero again? Might re-installing it help and keep my database intact? I have to complete a conference paper today and I need my references - stored in Zotero.

Thank you

mmmh
  • First, if you have any other Firefox extensions installed, disable them.

If that doesn't fix the problem, close Firefox, delete the cache files compreg.dat and xpti.dat from your Firefox profile, restart Firefox, and then check the Error Console. If there's still nothing there, see if there's any debug output.
  • Disabling all other extensions (DownThemAll! and Split Browser) did the job. I will now keep them deactivated as long as I do not need them. Thanks again for your help, Dan.

mmmh
  • Split Browser is incompatible with Zotero.