Saved search: Language NOT Spanish gives Spanish titles

I created a saved search looking for "language is Spanish"...Great.

Then I wondered how many items I forgot to "tag" (i.e. put "Spanish" in the language field).

So I created another search NOT Spanish... and it resulted in many (but not all!) Spanish items being displayed. (NOTE: I'm not using tags).

If I changed a reference to "Spanish" sometimes it disappeared (as it should...but only after a wait of over 1 minute), but sometimes it didn't. It seemed random.

But, as it turns out, it's not random.

If an item has any sort of child attachment (note, file, etc) and has "Spanish" in the language field, it STILL shows up in the NOT Spanish search...BUT IS GREYED out!

If there is NO child attachment, it does not show up (correct behavior).

With the NOT Spanish search showing, If I ADD "Spanish" to an item that has child attachments it almost immediately turns grey, but stays showing.

If I ADD "Spanish" to a childless item, it eventually disappears (correct behavior), but only after a "freeze" of over a minute (around 1.25 to 1.5 minutes!) (NOTE: Another odd behavior here is that the display jumps way down the list after this item has been processed.)

With several hundred items to recode, that's several hours of just waiting.

Did that make any sense??

If this has been addressed else, my apologies. I couldn't find it, though.

PC XP
FF 3.0.1
Zotero 1.0.7
2480 parent items
5439 total items

EDIT: When I change the saved search to include "item type" and then do them item types one at a time (e.g. books, journals, documents)...THE BEHAVIOR IS ALWAYS CORRECT. Hmmm.
  • I just updated to r3309.

Without limiting the search by item type:

1. The freeze is fixed for childless entries when I put "Spanish" in the language field. It's now near instantaneous.

2. HOWEVER, entries with children still show up in the "not Spanish" search, even if they are coded "Spanish".