Can you make Zotero compatible with the Bibliocommons OPAC?

While Zotero is compatible with most commercial library catalog software, it is would be ideal if Zotero could also work with Bibliocommons. While this 'social discovery layer' is currently only in use with Oakville Public Library (http://www.opl.on.ca/), more libraries will be coming online with it in the near future, including Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.

Much thanks for all your work.
  • Does Bibliocommons offer some kind of structured view or export? Without structured data, it's going to be difficult to produce a generalized translator for the OPAC.
  • I had just assumed that it had an export function and after checking, I am a little surprised to see that it doesn't. The software is actually layered upon a number of the the traditional opac packages, so the structured data has to be there, somewhere.

If no export function is available, could Zotero still work if a COinS link was embedded in the page?
  • Yes, if COinS tags were embedded in the pages Zotero would automatically be able to import the items.
  • Much thanks for answering my questions!