Show Untagged Notes--With Additional Criteria [MLZ]

I can hit all my untagged notes with the workaround. I like it, because it greys out the notes that have tags so that I can ignore them. But I can't seem to get any results with additional criteria. For instance, I have 2000+ titles in the collection. I want to add an arbitrary indicator to some field (say "CKTAG" to the "Extra" field), in a few parent records to work with. Then I want to run the search, with that criteria added, hit only these records, and still have the tagged notes greyed out, for convenience. But that scenario does not work. Can it be done? Are any fields known to work as additional criteria in the workaround? I'm using MLZ. Thx, m

N.B. The "workaround" that I am using is [Item Type is Note] + [Tag does not contain %].
  • I got something to work by chaining one search with the workaround. I put a code in the Call Number field, then created a SEARCH for that code. Next, I chained it to the workaround SEARCH, which I had already saved.

BUT, to get results in the CHAIN, I had to check "Include parent and child of matching items" in (and only in) the saved Call Number search.

So, for me, it's [Saved Search is Call Number] + [Saved Search is Untagged Workaround]

And I still get the notes with tags greyed out, and the notes sans tags in black.