Export to Endnote XML messes up file-relations

Hey everyone,

I'm currently facing a weird problem with the XML export feature.

I need to export my collection to an Endnote XML for further processing. The export seems to work flawlessly, but when I look into the XML there are some weirdly wrong entries concerning the associated Files to the sources. I guess the previous information doesn't get cleared properly in the export function or something.

For example, I have this one source where the file AscetVision.pdf belongs to. The following sources only have a Google Books Link. But it seems like the export script doesn't care about this. It still adds the file to
<urls><text-urls><url>internal-pdf://171/AscetVision.pdf</url></text-urls></urls>
until the next source with its own file comes up and replaces the old one. Then this one will be associated with all the following sources, until a new <text-urls><url><url><text-url> or another entry in the urls section (like <pdf-url>) comes up.

I'm certainly not sure whether this is the only pattern, and didn't cross check on other machines yet, but this is what I experienced so far.

Is this an already known problem? I couldn't find anything. Oh, and I am using the standalone 4.0.21.5 .

Any thoughts on this?
  • Should be fixed now. Update your translators via Preferences -> General -> Update Now and try again.

Thanks for reporting!
  • Oh wow, great job and so fast! Made my day, thank you!