Cannot Create or Add to Subcollections

I have about a dozen collections and subcollections and around 10,000 entries (unlimited plan), and have Zotero online and on Standalone, while a coworker occasionally adds an entry to the same account elsewhere.

Starting today, I am unable to create new subcollections, and there are several subcollections I created on the Standalone that won't sync with the online version. Additionally, when I add entries on the online version they go straight to the main Library, but will not transfer to the subcollections. No error messages appear, it just doesn't work.

I use this application daily for work, please help ASAP!
  • Is this in a group library or in My Library? (seems like My Library, but please confirm). Also, please make it clear where you are unable to create subcollections (online on zotero.org only? in Firefox? in Standalone?). Sounds like you're doing all of this online.

Are you getting some error when you're trying to sync via Standalone? If so, please post the Report ID.
  • This is in MyLibrary, and I am currently unable to make subcollections in zotero.org only. I can add subcollections and sort to my heart's delight in Standalone, but it won't synch to the website. No error message appears, the Standalone synch symbol just spins indefinitely.

Thanks for following up.
  • the Standalone synch symbol just spins indefinitely.
    OK, that's the relevant info.

How long have you let it go? From the looks of it, your Zotero client has been repeatedly trying to perform a full download of your database. If you're quitting Zotero, it won't finish.
  • That did the trick. It was trying to update something on the Standalone and my computer was going to sleep before it could finish. Gave it an hour or so to work and we're back to normal. I thank everyone for their helpful feedback and thoughts. You're aces, folks.
This discussion has been closed.