Zotero Standalone Sync Broken

Hi,

for a couple of days now, I am unable to sync my library with the Zotero server. After a few seconds the red exclamation mark appears and syncing is aborted. I tried to reset the data on the server with "Restore to Zotero Server" and "Reset File Sync History", but it didn't help.
When I login to my account with the browser, I find that my library (on the server) is completely empty.
My local library works fine and apart from the syncing, Zotero works fine as usual.

The error-ID is: 1801064917

How can I fix this?

Kind regards,
Johannes M.
  • I tried to reset the data on the server with "Restore to Zotero Server" and "Reset File Sync History", but it didn't help.
    As the message above those options states, these are meant for troubleshooting some rare cases. Please don't use these options liberally as they may make troubleshooting more difficult or cause you to lose data.

Dan will take a look at the error ID and let you know how to proceed shortly.
  • Thanks! Yes, I just read it. Sorry. I have created backups first, though.
  • There are no errors in that error report. Try again, and make sure you're submitting the report immediately after getting the error and before restarting Zotero.

Your online library is empty because you used the reset option.
  • Hi, now it works. How strange. Anyway, thank you!