Sync to AFS?

Hello all,

I am provided with a remote storage from my institute, which I access through the pre-configured pc as an afs location. The computer has netIDmgr with kerberos and openAFS configured.
Is it possible by any chance to somehow use this space for syncing zotero?

thanks!
  • edited July 22, 2014
    That's Andrew File System? If it mounts as a local drive, you can use linked files and a linked attachment base directory on each computer. There's no way to use stored files and regular file syncing unless you can access it via WebDAV.
  • That's what I thought also, after a brief search on this topic.
    I don't want to access the files from the afs from different computers, I only access it from my work computer. I just wanted to have a backup that will sync regularly. I thought of using the localy mounted afs drive as a primary directory for zotero but the idea was to have them both on my drive and on the afs.
    It will probably be easier to backup zotero's folder using a sync utility that is provided by the institute. I just wanted to avoid this on the first place because it's a somewhat dumpy software and fuzzies me creating versions of files when they are changed, which are then returned locally as well...
    I just tried using cloudme.com webdav. This can do the trick but I always hate the idea of distributing my files on third party cloud servers... i guess, a perfect solution is not always possible!