Problems with resetting sync

Report ID: 1964517203 and D681567178.

I have tried to syncronize from lat thursday (today tuesday 22. july) without any luck.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox in this proces.

Something is blocking and it is not a stand alone version.

As far as I can see. I have gone beyond my storage

Erik Schwägermann
  • So this is due to a complicated bug that we've seen once before but haven't been able to reproduce — it happens when there's a circular relationship between related items, possibly created with a plugin (Zutilo in the other case). The easiest fix is to search for 7NE83KAU and C5HBQKZG in the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode and remove the related item links, at least temporarily. Then you should be able to sync, and you could then add a related link back manually. I'd be curious to know whether you created those related item links manually or with a plugin.

(Also, don't try to use the reset options for troubleshooting. They're not meant for that and will generally only cause more trouble.)
  • Dear Dan, Thank you very much. I found something with the search 7NE83KAU and romoved the links etc. permanently. I did not find anything with C5HBQKZG. And now it works just fine.

As to your curiosity I think it could have been Zutilo, which caused the problem(-s) with circular relationships.

The reason why I use/used the reset functionality is, that I teach researchers and students in the use of referencehandling programs. And I am particularly fond of Zotero. The consequence of this is that I accumulate vast amounts of records, pdf-files etc. Which is filling up my web account.

So once in a while I do spring cleaning. Is there a better way?

Yours Sincerely
    Erik
  • edited July 26, 2014
    So once in a while I do spring cleaning. Is there a better way?
    Yes — just clean up your library and sync normally (or, better yet, leave auto-sync enabled, in which case you don't have to sync manually at all).