Confusion with "pages" field

When I retrieve for example a book from amazon.com, the field "Pages" is automatically filled in with the number of pages the book has. However, when I print the bibliography, it shows something like this:

Gazzaniga, M. S., Ivry, R. B., & Mangun, G. R. (2002). Cognitive Neuroscience, Second Edition (2nd ed., p. 748). W. W. Norton & Company.

As you can see, "p. 748" does not mean I'm citing that page in particular, but shows the total amount of pages of the book. I don't know if it's a small matter that may be overlooked or whether it would be better for Zotero not to include the total number of pages of the book in that field.
  • This is what I'd call a long-standing bug, both in Zotero, and in the Amazon translator. Just remove the page numbers.
  • This is what I'd call a long-standing bug
    It is, but we haven't been able to fix it in 1.0.* because the database instability problems in Firefox 2 kept us from doing any more DB schema changes or data migrations. It'll be fixed for 1.5.
  • Yes, but the translator could have been fixed to not set the pages field a long time ago. In any case, good to see it'll be resolved soon.