PDF attachments in group collections

Hello,

I have been struggling to get PDF attachments to carry over when I place files from my personal library into a group collection.

I did not initially realize that groups could not be public/open membership for the PDFs to transfer along with citations. Once I discovered this, I changed the settings on the groups I administer to public/closed membership and tried to create collections again. However, the citations still lacked their PDF attachments (I tried this for multiple groups/multiple collections). And this did not appear to be a matter of synching (i.e. my pop-up library didn't "get the message" yet that the group settings had changed) – I synched manually multiple times and even tried again the next day, without luck. HOWEVER: As an experiment, I created a new group set to public/closed membership from the outset, and successfully created a collection there containing PDF attachments.

My only remaining idea is to delete existing groups and recreate them as public/closed membership from the outset... I would prefer not to do this if I don't have to.

Has anyone experienced this? Any insight?

Regards,
Jackie
  • Previously dragged items without attachments in the group won't have their attachments added when you redrag the items. You'll need to delete the items, empty the trash, and redrag the items with the attachments.

(This will be improved in the future.)
  • Hi Dan,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have done this multiple times and the attachments still will not carry over. I went ahead and created another public/closed membership group just now to test again, and that worked.

As I said before, the only thing I can think to do now is delete these groups and recreate them...

Regards,
    Jackie
  • If it's not working for any items with attachments, including new ones, then either the group settings aren't correct on zotero.org (to allow file editing) or you haven't synced since changing them.