Airiti Library – CEPS (Chinese language)

I am conducing research using Chinese language sources. Prominent among the databases I use is Chinese Electronic Periodical Services (CEPS) - Airiti Libray. The problem is there does not seem to be support for CEPS in Zotero.

Does anyone know if there is any plan to add CEPS citation/bibliographic information export function to Zotero at some point? In the meantime, is there any way to circumvent these limitations? Thanks.
  • edited July 16, 2014
    For this item I get an article icon, using the DOI translator. When clicked, it pulls in the English version of the metadata (although the article itself is in Chinese).

Is that what you are seeing, or is there a separate issue?

To acquire the Chinese metadata would require a site-specific translator.

With MLZ (http://citationstylist.org) it would be possible to store both the Chinese and the English metadata in a single record. That would be ideal, but it would be tricky to acquire both automatically from this site. The page offers fine-grained Chinese metadata for each item directly in the page (which is very good to see), but the English version can only be acquired via the DOI translator; so the English and the Chinese would need to be acquired separately, and then merged together. Not impossible, but it would take some work to set up.
  • edited July 16, 2014
    Alternatively, running a search for "water" in this page (which may be the proper CEPS service) just throws a site error.

Before commenting further, we'll need specific links to pages that do not work, and a description of the problems you're having.
  • Anytime you can provide links, I'll be happy to look into this further.