?

The validator doesn't allow <if default-locale>
I'm creating an style for a University (www.unisal.it) and plan to add a file for any language with the default locale (because there is no easy way to change the locale in Zotero: see: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/26843/easier-way-to-change-exportbibliographylocale/ ).

I'd like to add only one independent style file and add the others as dependent styles, changing only the locale. BUT, there is a small detail in the Italian format: the bibliography uses this format:
LAST_NAME First_Name, ....
The other languages add a 'comma':
LAST_NAME, First_Name, ....

My first idea was to change this with a <choose> group, but I can't use <if default-locale="it-IT"> neither <if locale="it-IT">

What can I do? Thanks.

EDIT: Btw, in the Zotero Reference Test Pane, the solution with <if locale="it-IT"> works correctly.
  • If the structure <if locale="it-IT"/> works correctly in the test pane, it's just an accident; that structure is not valid in CSL 1.0.1, and won't work correctly in other CSL processors (pandoc, Papers, etc).

The CSL team are looking at ways to manage small variations like those you describe. Stay tuned; it may take some time, but there is good prospect for a workable solution.
  • Thanks fbennett!
    For now I'll do two independent styles, one for italian and the other for the rest of languages.