ACM digital library translator does not grab DOI

As of the date of writing, the translator for the ACM digital library fails to capture DOI for the item, while correctly capturing everything else (including ISBN). It also sets the access date, resulting in incorrect citations (at least in the APA format, which I'm familiar with). e.g.

Howard, S., Kjeldskov, J., Skov, M. B., Garnæs, K., & Grünberger, O. (2006). Negotiating presence-in-absence: contact, content and context. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human Factors in computing systems (pp. 909-912). Montréal, Québec, Canada: ACM.

is rendered with an extra access section ("Retrieved from...") :

Howard, S., Kjeldskov, J., Skov, M. B., Garnæs, K., & Grünberger, O. (2006). Negotiating presence-in-absence: contact, content and context. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human Factors in computing systems (pp. 909-912). Montréal, Québec, Canada: ACM. Retrieved August 18, 2008, from http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1124772.1124906&coll=portal&dl=ACM&type=series&idx=SERIES260&part=series&WantType=Proceedings&title=CHI&CFID=40448512&CFTOKEN=14904786.

I've checked, and the DOI is present on the page, and since this is not a purely electronic document, the access section and URL should not be present in the generated citation. that might be a style error (i don't know enough to tell either way) but at least the DOI should be captured.

the APA standard style for items existing in both print and online versions is:

Ku, G. (2008). Learning to de-escalate: The effects of regret in escalation of commitment [Electronic version]. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 105(2), 221-232. doi:10.1016/j.obhdp.2007.08.002

[authors]([pub-year]). [title]. [publication]. [vol]([issue]), [pp]. [doi]

I'd love to help in any way I can...