Can't change file name of links

Whenever I change the associates file name of a link generated by Zotero I get the error message "[JavaScript Application] An error occurred while renaming the file."

I deactivated all Add-ons and switched to the English loacle but the problem persists.
  • 1) Does the associated file exist?

2) What are you trying to rename from/to? Are you trying to use a character that's not legal in a filename? (Zotero doesn't currently check the filename during a rename operation, though it does elsewhere.)
  • Let's assume I go to the page http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Exhibit and store a link of this page. This link has the title "Exhibit - SIMILE". I would like to shorten this title to "Exhibit" but the error occurs.
  • Can you provide some more details about your system, e.g. operating system, version of Firefox, and version of Zotero?
  • Intel Mac OS X 10.4.11,
    Zotero 1.0.7,
    FF 3.0
  • Links don't have associated files, so trying to rename them with the "Rename associated file" option checked will cause an error. I've removed the checkbox for links in the latest dev build. Thanks for letting us know about the error.
  • Thanks. I understand that you will remove it from the links generated from external sources, because links of files on the hard disk work perfectly. And it is a very handy way to change their names via Zotero,

BTW: I noticed that Zotero is able to find the associated file on the hard disk even if this file has been moved to another folder. Great!!!
  • Error ID: 879061665 Intel Mac OS 10.5.5 Firefox 3.03 Zotero 1.07

Created a link to a web page: http://fr.structurae.de/photos/index.cfm?JS=54956

It comes into Zotero like this:

Woluwe-St-Pierr_-Hoffmann_050917_(1) (which is the name of a previous link I have created).

I click on the above and try to rename; it logically suggests that I re-name it as: Structurae [fr]: Images: ID 56111

I get the javascript error.

Thanks.

lwk
This discussion has been closed.