reset sync of one group library only

I would like to reset the sync of one group library only https://www.zotero.org/groups/eagle_epigraphic_bibliography/items
from my local version to the server (delete server and take local).
I have deleted an entire collection in my standalone and reimported it from bibtex with major changes to most records (14.000+)... now it gives me conflict saying that I have a local cancelled copy (true) and one online (which I do not understand why is still there), and does not seam to realize that there is a new folder with similar contents in the group (at least on my standalone): is that possible? where do I have to opt for this in the Zotero standalone for mac? I have other groups and my personal library which I do not wish to reset... thank you very much!!! pietro
  • I would like to reset the sync of one group library only [...]
    from my local version to the server (delete server and take local).
    You can't do that for group libraries — it would cause all sorts of complications.
    does not seam to realize that there is a new folder with similar contents in the group
    Two separate collections and sets of items have nothing to do with each other, as far as Zotero is concerned.

But it's not clear to me what the actual issue is you're facing. Zotero will sync all your changes. The conflicts wouldn't have anything to do with the newly imported data, so if you just resolve the conflicts, the new data will sync up afterward.
  • my problem is that currently the two collections are out of sync. online there is still the old folder. in my standalone that was cancelled and a new one was added. I would really like to resolve the conflicts, but there are 14.000+, and there is no "solve all in the same way" option which I could see. thanks for any suggestion and help to sort this. Pietro
  • my problem is that currently the two collections are out of sync.
    Well, again, that's not the issue, technically speaking. The two collections don't have anything to do with one another as far as Zotero is concerned, so we can ignore the new collection entirely for the moment. The 14K conflicts are the relevant issue — that's what we needed to know.

But you're mistaken that the conflicts are from that group, since the items in the group were modified on the server on June 14th and your client is asking for changes from June 19th, so those items wouldn't show as modified and therefore wouldn't produce a conflict.

The 14K modified items are in your personal library, and you somehow modified them all on June 19th — perhaps from another computer — but then also deleted them (if that's what you mean by "cancelled") on your current computer before the change synced. So that produces a conflict that needs to be resolved.

If you have another computer that's still syncing — that is, the computer where you modified (not deleted) the items on 6/19 — you should be able to delete the items there and sync, and then your two databases would be in sync and you wouldn't get conflicts.
  • Thanks for this explanation!
    I do not work on any other computer, only on the one I am writing from now. can that be something related with other members of the group?
    thanks again
    Pietro