style very similar to Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (author-date, German)

I would like to have a slightly modified style that is very close to the Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (author-date, German.

It is very similar but without the German words and characters.

Example:

Campbell, J.L. and Pedersen, O.K. 2007. The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success. Comparative Political Studies 40 (3): 307-332.

In the text the reference would be: (Campbell and Pedersen 2007)

Mares, I. 2001. Firms and the welfare state: when, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? In Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, ed. P. A. Hall and D. Soskice, 184-213. New York: Oxford University Press.

In the text this would be: (Mares 2001)

Could you please, help me?
  • why not just use the regular Chicago author-date?
  • Thanks for the prompt reply, very much appreciated.

We would like to omit the quotation marks at the titles

Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (author-date)(2014-06-19 03:53:15) looks like this
    Kötter, Peter, and Michael Ciriacy. 1993. “Xylose Fermentation by Saccharomyces Cerevisiae.” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 38 (6): 776–83. doi:10.1007/BF00167144.

Hogue, Christopher W. V. 2001. “Structure Databases.” In Bioinformatics, edited by Andreas D. Baxevanis and B. F. Francis Ouellette, 2nd ed., 83–109. Life Sciences Series. New York, NY: Wiley-Interscience.
  • what's this for? We only work on style for journals or major style guides. Personal customization as well as anything for specific Universities or Departments you'll have to figure out by yourself, though we can help with specific questions:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step
  • sure, you are right - sorry for bothering.
    I will do that. thanks