Not sure what this error is about

Hi,
Tonight in trying to sync our Zotero to a new MacBook, we got the following error. I don't know how to interpret it:

Report ID: 49447136
[JavaScript Error: "Error for operation 'open' for /Users/davidwhisnant/Library/Application Support/Zotero/Profiles/nnhulqc3.default/zotero/storage/9IS9A69W/www.oxbowphotography.com.html" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage.js" line: 1092}]

version => 4.0.21.5, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.9, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 4.0.21.5, extensions => Zotero Word for Mac Integration (3.5.7.SA.4.0.21.5, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (3.5.9.SA.4.0.21.5, extension), LastPass (2.5.5, plugin), QuickTime Plug-in 7.7.3 (7.7.3, plugin), Default Browser Helper (537, plugin)

This just came through regular attempt to sync for the first time.

Thanks!
David Whisnant
  • does this actually prevent the (file)sync from going through, i.e. do you get a red exclamation mark next to the sync icon?
  • Hi,
    Yes, I get her red exclamation point.
  • *the* red exclamation point.
  • Are you running any sort of security software? I can't think of any other reason why an attempt to open an HTML file would fail. But if security software detects some sort of JS exploit in an HTML file you downloaded into Zotero, it could stop the operation.

If nothing else works, you could paste 9IS9A69W into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode, delete the attachment item in question, and then empty the trash.
  • Dan, I think that's what it was. Our security software also picked up the same item and has deleted it, and now Zotero sync is working fine. Thanks!