submission to change the help

Dears,

Please, would you change the indication help, as the one reproduced below doesn't work (at least on my computer and with Standalone):

here the page: https://www.zotero.org/support/styles
here the problem:
"With Zotero Standalone, you first have to download the style to your computer. Right-click the style title and select “Save Link as…” to download the style. Then double-click the downloaded file while Zotero Standalone is running to install it, or use one of the alternative installation methods described below."

As it doesn't work, I finaly tryied this way (the text is on the same page (i.e. https://www.zotero.org/support/styles):
"Alternative Installation Methods
CSL styles (with a “.csl” extension) can also be added through the Style Manager, found under the “Styles” tab of the “Cite” pane in the Zotero preferences panel. It shows you which styles are already installed, and also allows you to delete styles. Another installation option is to drag-and-drop a CSL style file onto an open Firefox browser window."

But it doesn't work with Standalone. Here what I proposed, but the quality of my english could ask for modificiation.
"Alternative Installation Methods
CSL ........ browser window. For Standalone users, after downloaded the file on your computer, click '+' and the csl file downloaded on your computer will appeared. Choose the right one."

Voilà, many thanks for your software.
HJ
  • I've clarified that you need to click the + button to add styles in the style manager, but for most--almost all--people just double-clicking CSL styles will install them and since that's by far the simplest way, I've left that as the main option.
  • Yes, but is still unclear when the style you are looking for is not in the default list (I should have said it earlier).
    So, from the Zotero Style Repository, I donwloaded the style in my computer, but as the "double-click" way didn't work, i looked for othr way. And through the Style Manager, if you don't see the style is the default list (you first downloded it from the Zotero Style Repository), it is not clear at all that clicking on "+" will grabeb the csl files of your computer. After 35 minutes trying differents things, I finally pusched the "+" button, but I could have not. It would have been rational.
  • right, that's why I added a note about the + sign, but I don't want to add too much detail and I think once you do press the + key and get a file selection dialog (that actually specifies it's looking for a .csl file) that's pretty clear.
    Making instructions too long scares people away and, frankly, I don't think this is an issue we need to worry about very much--I can't recall anyone asking about this in the last year or so.