Error in the Ecology Citation Style

Most of the Ecology journal style is working good so far, but I've found a glitch where it ignores book series. The text in the series field is not being used in the bibliography. For example, this is the current citation style:

Hampton, B. A., K. D. Ridgway, J. M. O’Neill, G. E. Gehrels, J. Schmidt, and R. B. Blodgett. 2007. Pre-, syn-, and postcollisional stratigraphic framework and provenance of Upper Triassic-Upper Cretaceous strata in the northwestern Talkeetna Mountains, Alaska. Pages 401–438 in K. D. Ridgway, J. M. Trop, J. M. G. Glen, and J. M. O’Neil, editors. Tectonic Growth of a Collisional Continental Margin: Crustal Evolution of Southern Alaska. Boulder, Colorado.

The book series is "Geological Society of America Special Paper 431," but the current citation style isn't including this text. It should read:

Hampton, B. A., K. D. Ridgway, J. M. O’Neill, G. E. Gehrels, J. Schmidt, and R. B. Blodgett. 2007. Pre-, syn-, and postcollisional stratigraphic framework and provenance of Upper Triassic-Upper Cretaceous strata in the northwestern Talkeetna Mountains, Alaska. Pages 401–438 in K. D. Ridgway, J. M. Trop, J. M. G. Glen, and J. M. O’Neil, editors. Tectonic Growth of a Collisional Continental Margin: Crustal Evolution of Southern Alaska. Geological Society of America Special Paper 431. Boulder, Colorado.
  • What are you basing this on? In general, book series are relatively rarely cited, geology is probably an outlier here.
    I don't see much info on the Ecology homepage, so if you have information from the editors directly we can revisit this.
  • Adam,

I wrote to the Ecology journal editors and they said:

"The last part of the citation should read:

Geological Society of America Special Paper 431, Boulder, Colorado, USA.

Best wishes,

Anne Marie"

So, including the book series in the citations is acceptable. Can you add it to the citation style for books and book sections?
  • Adam,

Can you change the Ecology style to include book series?