Report ID 151568850 problem importing Endnote RIS file

Hi,
I've sent an error report that happens when I try to import a file I've exported using Endnote X1 RIS export file type.
  • Can you disable all other Firefox extensions, restart Firefox, try again, and then send another error report if it fails?
  • Hi,
    What's occurring is I'm getting a progress bar that keeps whirling claiming it is "importing items..." and it never ends.

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\commons-httpclient.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\jdom.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\panther.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\pxalan.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\pxercesImpl.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\pxsltc.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\regexp.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\reptile.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\runtime.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\talon.jar

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\xml-apis.jar

[JavaScript Error: "out of memory" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/notifier.js" line: 136}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIChannel.contentType]" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/attachments.js :: anonymous :: line 388" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/attachments.js" line: 388}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIChannel.contentType]" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/attachments.js :: anonymous :: line 388" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/attachments.js" line: 388}]

• The "out of memory" error isn't particularly encouraging. How much RAM do you have? How much disk space do you have free? And how many items are you trying to import?

One thing that would probably work is splitting up the RIS file into smaller chunks and importing them separately.
  • Hi,
    There should be plenty of ram. I've got 2 gig on an xp install and plenty of disk space. I'll try what you suggest and let you know