ISI Web of Knowledge

When searching the ISI Web of Knowledge using the "All Databases" tab, the tozero translator doesn't recognise the search results, whereas doing the exact same search against the "Web of Science" tab leads to zotero recognising the results. In my experience, this is simply because the zotero target is "(WOS_GeneralSearch|product=WOS)", under the "All Databases" search, the URL the search_mode valaue is simply "GeneralSearch" not WOS_GeneralSearch" and the product value is "UA".

Is this translator supposed to be specific to the WOS tab, or should it be more flexible and be able to parse the search results of the "All Databases" tab?

Cheers,
Nathan
  • I'm not sure if George Mason University has a different subscription to Web of Science, but when I visited WoS here I did not see the "All Databases" tab. It may well be because we only subscribe to three of their collections.

If you want to try fixing your issue on your own you could try changing the target in the detect web section of the translator and see if that fixes the issue. Take a look at some of the documentation on creating translators. With scaffold you should be able to quickly test if that is all that needs to be changed.