progress indicator

Hi! How about adding a progress indicator for each pdf download. I currently have a busy mouse cursor related to a pdf download, but have no idea of what is really going on. So.. a progress indicator could be a nice feature for us all

Best regards
  • That's definitely something I'd like to add. The question is where it would show up. We could tie into the standard Firefox download manager, but that may or may not be appropriate. If it didn't go there, we'd need to put the indicator somewhere else in the UI.

Suggestions welcome.
  • edited August 7, 2008
    I wouldn't be very happy with Zotero cluttering the Firefox download manager. I think an animation of the Zotero-logo in the status bar (or a separate animation next to it) would be the handiest option. That way you can still see when Zotero finishes when you minimize Zotero. Something similar would be very nice for other activities that might take some time (e.g. syncing).

Alternatively the "Saving Item..." box could be kept up until all related activities, such as downloaded the related PDFs, are finished, but that has the disadvantage of blocking part of the browser space.
  • edited August 7, 2008
    I think an animation of the Zotero-logo in the status bar (or a separate animation next to it) would be the handiest option....Something similar would be very nice for other activities that might take some time (e.g. syncing).
    This would be great, both for download and for syncing.
  • The browser status bar is probably a good location for a progress indicator, separate from the zotero icon. Double click could be used for seeing further details of possibly multiple downloads..

This could also eliminate the "Saving Item..." box, that could now appear only when the user requested it (by double clicking the progress indicator)

Best regards