Two advices for the future development of zotero

I have been using zotero about one years, and I really like it.
And due to my major is chemistry, and many many times a schematic graph would make sence easier and clearer, also graph is easy to be remembered and recalled.
But the problem is, we may not be able to remember the title of the right paper which contains the schematic graph we wanted. And I suppose it is not easy to set up a "graph search function" in the zotero.
So I am hoping that in the next time update, the zotero could be able to search the marks/keywords we set for those graphs in the corresponding paper when we read it.

Secondly,
Since we read a lot of documents, it is would be impossible to recall a paper title clearly in our mind and search it. So developing PDF search would be urgent. And especially the keywords search, I recommended give simple option for the default setting to close/open downloading keywords form the journal websites. Because those papers may talk about a lot of things, and we just interested in little things in their work not all of them. So most of us don't need the keywords about those papers downloaded from the journal website.

Many thanks,
  • I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Zotero does download keywords where available and they're searchable. Zotero also offers a full text search of PDFs.
  • oh, and if you annotate a paper (e.g. where a graph is), you can use ZotFile to extract notes and those, again, are searchable.
  • Firstly, Thanks adamsmith's prompt reply.
    Sorry for my late reply.

About those two problems I mentioned:
    1. I have tried to copy a piece of words from a PDF paper, and searched in "All Fields & Tags" mode, but I still could find the right paper. While, if I use the "everything" mode, there would be some unrelative items jump out, and I could not find the exactly same words in those search result.
    I am a little confused about it.

2. ZotFile is a good tool! Thank you for letting me know it. It really helpful to solve my graph searching problem. And hoping the zotfile could be built-in the next version of zotero, that would be fantastic