error starting Zotero with using costomized data directory

I changed my data directory to my flush drive yesterday. (Firefox (v.3) is on my hard drive). It was working fine. Then, I closed Firefox and reopened it this morning and got the following error message---JavaScript Application: There was an error starting Zotero.

There were about 90+MB left on my flush drive.

How can I restart Zotero and re-direct the data directory back to one on my hard drive?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kaoru
  • First, to see what the error is, follow the steps in the Advanced Instructions section of the Reporting Bugs page and let us know what appears in the Error Console.

Then, if you want to change back to the hard drive in the meantime, you can access the Zotero prefs from Tools->Add-ons.
  • Hi Dan,
    Thank you for your prompt response.

I could redirect my data directory back to the one on my hard drive. When I did this and reopen Firefox, the error message did not appear any longer. So, it seems this error is related to my changing the data directory.

I followed your instructions of the "reporting bugs" and recreated my original error. This is what I found in the "Error Console".

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8052000e (NS_ERROR_FILE_IS_LOCKED) [mozIStorageService.openDatabase]" nsresult: "0x8052000e (NS_ERROR_FILE_IS_LOCKED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 799" data: no]
    Source File: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js
    Line: 223

Hope this helps you identify the problem.

Thank you.

Kaoru
  • OK, can you follow up on this thread and let us know there all the files that appear in the data directory you had specific on the flash drive? Thanks.

Closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.