Style Request: [Journal of Hip Preserving Surgery]"

Hi, could someone create the style "Journal of Hip Preserving Surgery". It's a total new Journal.

Guidlines for authors:

These should be numbered in order of appearance in the text (in parentheses) and must be listed numerically in the reference list. Journal titles and author initials should be properly abbreviated and punctuated.

-Please truncate page numbers, i.e. type 345-9.

-For references with >4 authors, the first 3 authors should be listed, followed by et al. References of the type Smith et al. (1989) should not be used in the text.

The citation of journals, books, multi-author books and articles published online should conform to the following examples:

•Ross JR, Schonecker PL, Clohisy JC. Surgical dislocation of the hip: evolving indications. HSS J 2013; 9:60-9.
•Leunig M, Ganz R. The evolution and concepts of joint-preserving surgery of the hip. Bone Joint J. 2014 Jan;96:5-18.
•Mei-Dan O, McConkey MO, Knudsen JS, Brick MJ. Bilateral hip arthroscopy under the same anesthetic for patients with symptomatic bilateral femoroacetabular impingement: 1-year outcomes. Arthroscopy. 2014 Jan;30:47-54.
•Banerjee S, Issa K, Pivec R, Kapadia BH, Khanuja HS, Mont MA. Osteonecrosis of the hip: treatment options and outcomes. Orthop Clin North Am. 2013 Oct;44:463-76.
•Clohisy JC, Zebala LP, Nepple JJ, Pashos G. Combined hip arthroscopy and limited open osteochondroplasty for anterior femoroacetabular impingement. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010 Jul 21;92:1697-706.
•Helbig L et al Core decompression combined with implantation of a demineralised bone matrix for non-traumatic osteonecrosis of the femoral head. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 2012; 132:1095–1103

Guidelines for authors: http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/jhps/for_authors/manuscript_instructions.html

Online ISSN 2054-8397

Thank you very much!!!!!
  • (re)read 3. here:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles
    we really do need the exact two references (Mares and Campbell & Pederson) formatted for the style you're requesting.
  • Hey

thanks for your answer.

I just realized that it should be a comparable style like Clinical Orthopeadics and Related Research (CORR).

With the following changes:

1. truncated page numbers, i.e. type 345-9
    2. For references with >4 authors, the first 3 authors should be listed, followed by et al.
    3. Numbered in order of appearance
    4. The journal should be written like that: Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. and not like that: Arch. Orthop. Trauma Surg.

Would it be possible to adapte the "CORR style" to a "Journal of Hip Preserving Surgery style"?
  • sounds good. Currently takes me 1-2months to get to style requests.