[MLZ] Problems with Zotfile

I've been having some problems with MLZ and ZotFile playing nicely together recently. A couple days ago, the ZotFile contextual menu (which has commands like "send to tablet") stopped working. It would do one of two things: the menu would include the text "Warning," and the commands either wouldn't do anything or would generate an error. Or the menu would indicate that "the selected item(s) have no attachments" even when this wasn't the case. I've restarted FireFox a bunch of times but have yet to get the behavior to change. Running FF 29.0.1, ZotFile 3.3, Mac OS X 10.9.3. I also reported this error on the ZotFile thread, as it's not clear whether it's a typical ZotFile problem or something MLZ-specific: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5301/20/zotfile-zotero-plugin-to-rename-move-and-attach-pdfs-send-them-to-ipad-extract-pdf-annotations/
  • edited June 1, 2014
    I haven't used zotfile, so there may be MLZ-specific issues to sort out. I'll install it tomorrow and see if I can make it fail.
  • This was a silly mistake in some recently added code. If you update MLZ (now at version 4.0.20m454), things should work more smoothly.
  • Seems to be working well now. Thanks!
  • I've been having some more Zotfile issues of late, but I'm not sure whether it's an MLZ problem or not. The issues:

(1) For the last few weeks, I haven't been able to use the batch commands on files in my library. If I select multiple files, and choose either rename or send to tablet from the right-click menu, nothing happens. It only works if I select each file individually. This is not the way it used to work.

(2) Occasionally, Zotfile seems to stop working altogether and requires a restart of Firefox. I'm not sure how to replicate this behavior.

Using Firefox 31.0, Mac OS 10.9.4