Open snapshots in new firefox tab?

I'm not sure if this should be a bug report or feature request, or even if there's a setting I've overlooked.

In any case, when I view a saved PDF associated with a reference, Zotero grabs the first open Firefox tab to load the PDF. Often, I'm *using* that tab, and would prefer for Zotero to open a new tab. (This would also let me have two PDFs open at once, for easy comparison.)

Is this possible?
  • It's possible. Maybe the ability to hold down Cmd/Ctrl when clicking the button to open the snapshot in a new tab? Could also be a hidden pref to toggle the default.
  • What if your FF prefs are set to open a new tab?
  • edited February 5, 2007
    Do you mean a new window? The FF pref (unless you're talking about a different one) is for opening new pages in either windows or tabs. I would think we should follow that pref for this, too, but just clicking on the button is closer to just clicking on a regular link, and the Cmd/Ctrl behavior would be analogous to the standard Firefox behavior: to trigger opening of the new page based on the pref.
  • This is implemented on the development branch.

It follows standard Firefox behavior, so control-clicking (Cmd-clicking on a Mac) opens snapshots in a new tab behind, control-shift-click opens in a new front tab, and shift opens in a new window. It doesn't follow the pref discussed above because that pref is just for new pages from outside Firefox.
This discussion has been closed.