Synchronization of snapshots, links, and files

I'd like to suggest when it comes to implementing synchronization of snapshots, links and files that you implement two features:
1) Profiles: this means I tag certain topics as "home" and others as "work" and others as "both" and my work files are never synchronized to my home computer, etc. There might be important intellectual property reasons for doing this.

2) Bandwidth limited syncs: some computers could be labelled as "bandwidth limited" and only a user specified subset of features is synced, so maybe pdfs are not synced but references and snapshots are.

I also suggest you might find the Firefox plugin foxmarks useful for synchronisation code. They only sync the changes between systems and not full database every time. They also offer totally encrypted communication (another must at some stage).

Thanks,
Dave.
  • The current Zotero synchronization code only syncs changes, and all communication is encrypted via SSL.
  • Brilliant. I'm not a complete freak about security but in this day and age it seems careless to do any less.