edit title

I'm building an exhaustive bibliography related to historical descriptions of South Asia. At the moment, I am more or less importing a procite database of about 1400 records into Zotero. Perhaps this is due to my limited knowledge, but the fields often do not match. Hence, even though I use an import file, there is quite some manual labour involved.

I decided to make the shift to Zotero chiefly due to the folders in the left pane, its tagging capacities, the possibility to assign relationships between items and - first and foremost - the future and exciting promise to share this data online.

As historians might know, however, 15th and 16th century titles or title pages tend to be extremely elaborate and prolific. In other words, one title might easily contain about 1600 characters.

As such, it would be great could one edit the title in Zotero in a pop-up window, in much the same way as the note-taking function works. At the moment, the space to edit the title is very small - and it can take quite some time to use the keyboard-arrow in order to move the cursos to a specific place within the title.

Thanks,

r

PS: to be able to change the font settings (such as bold and italics) in notes would also be great.
  • Great idea. I myself happen to work with many seventeenth- and eighteenth-century titles that are similarly verbose. We'll try to add this feature in a future release.