Icon in address bar not appearing with Standalone

Hi,

When I open Zotero Standalone before opening Firefox, I do not get any Zotero icons in the address bar. (example site: http://www.plantcell.org/content/2/4/279.short)

In order to get the icon, I must close both Zotero Standalone and Firefox, and then reopen Firefox.

If Firefox is opened before Zotero Standalone is opened, then there is no problem. (However, if Firefox is then closed, Zotero Standalone is left open, and then Firefox is reopened, the icon does not appear.)

Report ID 251743987
Windows 8.1
Firefox 29.0.1
Zotero (Firefox): 4.0.20.2
Zotero Standalone: 4.0.20

Is there a simple fix I am missing?
  • Are Zotero for Firefox and Zotero Standalone set to use the same data directory? (They should be, and are by default.) The easiest test for this is whether when Zotero for Firefox is open and you open Standalone it causes the Zotero for Firefox pane to disappear. Clicking the Zotero toolbar icon in Firefox should then bring Standalone to the front.

If you have Chrome and the Chrome plugin installed, have you tried saving from that with Standalone open?
  • The data directories are the same for Zotero for FF and Zotero SA (I do not have them to the default, but I just double-checked to see that they are the same).
    Clicking the Zotero toolbar icon does bring Standalone forward.
    I just tried to save from Chrome, and it works (but Firefox is my main browser).

Again, if I have Firefox open first, then I am fine, but if Standalone is open when I open Firefox, then I have a problem.
  • this will be fixed (thanks to aurimas) in the next Zotero version.
  • Thanks! Good to know the fix is on the way.
    It's a somewhat minor inconvenience, and I certainly appreciate that the Zotero Team keeps improving the project for all of us.