American Anthropological Association

I see there are requests for American Anthropological Association style going back a while. I really like Zotero for importing citations, but at the moment I think all the time I've saved over the past few months since I switched over from Reference Manager has just been lost reformatting my Bibliography. I've been switching it over from American Sociological Association style, which otherwise seems closest, for 4 hours now & I'm only up to H. Any hope on the horizon I won't have to do this again for my next article?
  • If the style is roughly similar to the ASA style you might try editing it yourself a little. If you paste chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul into your browser's location bar you can load up the ASA style and preview references from your collection. You can then edit the CSL file that generates the citations and automatically see how it will effect your citations. Alternatively you can try out this style generator.

If that is a bit out of your depth could you layout the changes you need to make to the ASA style to get it to be the AAA style? In many cases that is the part that takes a significant amount of time for someone working on a CSL to figure out, particularly if their are only a few changes that they need to decipher from a massive style guide.
  • Just putting in my two cents about wishing for an AAA style ... references look sorta like:

(odds are my html formatting won't actually display consistently but here goes):

Bestor, Theodore
    2001   Supply-Side Sushi: Commodity, Market, and the Global City. American
               Anthropologist 103(1):76–95.
  • Per this thread, this is not the most straightforward problem to solve from the CSL end (e.g. how to describe this sort of non-standard, and complicated, formatting). But I'm seeing if we can figure it out.
  • You could also have a look at this thread, where you can find links to a couple of attempts at an AAA style:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/4691/citation-style-help-needed-anthropology-aaa