How do I give a page number for a book in the visual CSL editor?

Hi, I've been using this editor http://editor.citationstyles.org/visualEditor/ and while I love it, I can't seem to add page numbers to the bibliography section. I've tried adding a conditional of "if: book" then "if: page" then provide (and this is in text format) page (which is set as a variable; I've tried substituting page with "locator" and this failed too). Plus I'd like to know how I would turn the in-line referencing style to numbered superscripts.
  • books don't have a page number field in Zotero and neither do the book examples in the CSL editor.
    While some citation styles allow you to specify page ranges in the bibliography, that's really a non-sensical practice in the bibliographic sense (if you want to refer to a page range of a book, do so in the text/citation). I doubt we'll support it in the future.
  • I should probably specify what I mean by "book" I have an encyclopedia article, not a book.
  • oh - for book sections and encyclopedia-articles
    text -- variable -- page
    should work. You simply should use the right item type
    (e.g if -- type -- entry-encyclopedia )
  • you'll want to make sure to change the style ID (to pretty much anything you want) - otherwise your style will get overwritten periodically by Zotero with the regular Chicago style