Problem with import of exported collection

Report ID D255699574.

When trying to import bunch of items, Zotero imports nothing. It doesn't matter if it is exported in Zotero RDF or any other format. It also does not matter if it's exported by my instance of Zotero nor from someone's else collection.

Addictionaly, I've got two profiles of Zotero (selected on start with profile manager). And the problem appears only with one of the profiles. Resetting translators and styles, as well as cleaning up the database does not help.

Desperately looking for your help ;)
Darek
  • That Debug ID doesn't show an import attempt. Can you try again?
  • Maybe this one: D1406427217

Where could I find the report I've sent? I mean online version.
  • Translate: Parsing code for Better BibTeX
    Disable all your other extensions and reset your translators again.
    Where could I find the report I've sent? I mean online version.
    Reports aren't public. You can just click View Output to see what was logged.

If disabling other extensions and resetting translators doesn't help, provide a Debug ID for an import attempt with auto-sync disabled, since syncing is making the output harder to parse. You should also copy the file you're trying to import to a Gist and provide a link.
  • Better Bib(La)TeX extension was the problem. After removing it, imports works without problem.

Thank you!

regards, Darek
  • What were you trying to import? "anything" is not much in terms of detail. I've been able to import several bibtex files this morning.
  • edited May 13, 2014
    I've tried with Zotero RDF, EndNote XML and RIS, here's example of Zotero RDF file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1111886/Elementy%20eksportowane.rdf

With BibTeX import indeed works (I haven't tried this format before), but it fails with Zotero RDF, RIS or EndNote XML
  • edited May 13, 2014
    The BBT detection was too greedy (apologies for the disruption, genuinely appreciate the heads-up -- I depend on reports to fix my mistakes), that has now been fixed. But the sample file at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1111886/Elementy%20eksportowane.rdf doesn't import either with the fixed BBT in place or with BBT disabled. so there is something additional going on.
  • edited May 13, 2014
    <deleted>
  • edited May 13, 2014
    Moving the discussion to https://github.com/ReichenHack/zotero-better-bibtex/issues/58
  • edited May 13, 2014
    You are right. The mere presence of the BBT translator (which was indeed still present even if the plugin is disabled) causes getResourceURI to fail. Given that translators are executed in a sandbox, I really don't know how the BBT translator can affect the RDF translator. I can see the BBT detector passing the buck both in my tests and in the logs when I run it in Zotero itself, so it's not that the detectImport call flames out and takes the entire detect with it.

Dan, Any idea where I should start looking for this? The full error I get in the log is:

[JavaScript Error: "Zotero.RDF: getResourceURI called on invalid resource" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js" line: 2648}]
  • If I have detectImport simply 'return false;', the problem remains. If I declare the translator to be export-only, the problem goes away.
  • Same if I have detectImport throw an error. The logs show that Zotero correctly flags the exception, and then complains in getResourceURI.
  • And simply ordering BBT after the RDF import also makes the problem go away. I've released a new version that does this, but damned if I know why this should make a difference.